FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 16, 2020
Emily Cooperative Telephone Company takes steps to protect against COVID-19
At ECTC we value the health and safety of our customers and employees above all else, which is why we are closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are fortunate that as of now, our area hasn’t had any reported cases of COVID-19. But it is still important for all of us to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our customers and the community as needed. Follow us on social media for updates and visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov for more information about COVID-19.
With that in mind, ECTC is taking the following steps, in accordance with CDC guidelines, to protect both our employees and our customers:
- ECTC employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
- Out of an abundance of caution for the safety and well-being of our customers and employees, the company has initiated a pause on all travel through April 30, 2020 except in special circumstances.
- Employees who travel by air going forward are required to stay out of the office for 14 days upon their return until further notice.
- Employees who work directly with customers will avoid shaking hands or making any physical contact.
- We will be providing additional disinfectant products to employees in the office and posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
- All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
- Before an employee will be dispatched to a customer’s home for a service call, we will ask the customer a series of questions to determine the risk of exposure to our employee. Technicians will also be asking the same questions before actually entering the home. If any risk exists, the service call will be rescheduled if possible. If the service call is an emergency, special precautions must be taken by our employee and our customers before a visit can be made. Technicians have been instructed to not enter a home if they are not comfortable.
- If a customer gives a positive response to any of the questions, a technician will not be entering the customer’s home.
- We may limit foot traffic into our office. Please call with any questions you may have about your service and use one of our convenient payment options to pay your bill without vising our office.
ECTC also offers a variety of online services to help you pay your bill and conduct other utility business from home.
- Pay Online – Visit our website at emily.net to view and pay your bill online. Be sure to have your account number handy.
- Pay by Mail – If paying by mail, include a signed check for the amount listed on your monthly bill. Please include your bill stub with the check and mail it to our office at PO Box 100, Emily, MN 56447
- Pay by bank draft – You can sign up for automatic bank draft by using your checking account’s routing and account number. This can also be set up online at emily.net. With this option, your monthly bill amount will be deducted from your bank each payment cycle. You never have to worry about missing a payment!
- Pay by night drop – You are welcome to drop your payment into our drop box located by the front door.
Thank you for your understanding. We are committed to you.